Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poll

I've added a question on the right. We'd like some input as to how you get your little ones to sleep at night. We still give Jacob milk in a bottle and rock him until he goes to sleep. I think we are wishing we could just lay him down at a certain hour and he fall asleep on his own. Unfortunately, he hasn't learned how to do this yet. You can also place your comments on this post.

Thanks for your advice!!

2 comments:

gibsonfam said...

Sleep has never been our strong point with Dylan. Our routine generally is pretty consistent and goes like this: brush teeth, bath, books (one or two and then always Goodnight Moon to finish), prayers, turn on some calm music, give a kiss and a cuddle, then I lay down with him for a few minutes before leaving.

thesproles said...

Hey Rhonda- We read to Riley every night for about 15 minutes, snuggle for a min or two and then lay him in bed and say night night. Of course he is 2 1/2 and does great now. We used to rock him to sleep until he was 18 months. Then we did the CIO method for a couple of nights and it worked like a charm. I hate CIO but he was old enough to sleep on his own. As for Maddie, we are having some of the same problems. So we are going to implement some techniques from the baby whisperer book...you need to get this book ASAP. I'll let you know how it turns out. Hang in there...I promise IT DOES GET BETTER!!!