He's had this terrible cold going on since Jan 19th. I waited over 7 days before taking him to the doctor to see if it would run its course. They didn't officially diagnose him with RSV, but said there was a very good chance he had it since it had hit the community hard and is very contagious. He also said at the time, his lungs sounded perfectly clear. The doctor did however, put him on Amoxicillin for his ear infections. There is speculation now as to whether to treat with antibiotics since he could develop a resistance to them. So, we've lost quite a few hours of sleep and watched a ton of Baby Einstein videos as that seems to be the only thing that quietens him.
Other than that, he tends to be in a good mood in spite of everything. I've been able to keep him in out of the weather due to my new title of SAHM (stay at home mom). Due to enormous change, the exec. director being out on sabbatical and some misinterpreted comments, my time at Three Streams has ended. I cannot say too many bad things about them as a whole because I really believe in what they do; however, not everyone there carried out the Christian attitude that is supposed to make them what they are. Bill is taking on a new side job that should last several Saturdays, so that will enable us to make ends meet and allow me to stay home for a while. I can't complain about that! Especially when you have a day like this below!
I'm going to try to tap into this thing of selling on Craigslist/Ebay and go to a few mommy groups/story times at the local libraries. And.....try to post more happenings on the blog. :)
Oh, I forgot to mention, there were some adventurous cows that made it through the back yard the other day. Guess the grass was greener on our side!
No comments:
Post a Comment