Friday, February 22, 2008

7 Weeks to go!

Things seem to be happening at a rapid pace lately. There's a lot going on this 3rd trimester. We've finally finished up the childbirth classes at the hospital. I think it's safe to say we're very well prepared for what to expect and what might not go our way as planned. We've seen the rooms, almost gotten the bags packed and ready for when that big day arrives! We went to the Wee Trade sale at the Ag Center last weekend and racked up on some good deals and larger items like the pack n' play, a swing, bouncer, diaper champ, toys and tummy-time play mat. We're excited we'll be that much closer to being ready with tomorrow's upcoming baby shower. I'm sure there will be lots of picture opportunities and you'll get those long awaited belly pics... finally! I know I keep teasing you with that, but there's no way out of it tomorrow!

Among other adventures, our Littermaid litter box broke a couple week's ago - my sole duty. What perfect timing for that to happen, right?? This was about the 4th one I've been through; some replaced for free and some not. I have finally reverted to a manual box - a Rolln' Clean by Omega, if you're out shopping for one. I've just had it together for a couple of days and it seems to work pretty well so far. It's quite different than I'm used to, but it was definitely cheaper and won't require so much time and care in cleaning now.

I think it was that same evening or the next that our laptop (which I still consider new) broke. I spent hours for the rest of the week trying to retrieve some data I forgot to copy over in safe mode. Thank goodness for our desktop computer with a monitor I could use since that wasn't even visible on the laptop! It finally went to a family friend and it's been determined it's a memory and graphics card driver issue. I'll have to reload all the data and operating system when I get it back. If the memory is integrated into the board, we'll have to send it off to get the mother board replaced since it's still under warranty. Once again... I have time for these things???

Work has continued to be a new challenge for me. I continue to learn new skills and software closely relating to sales and pr work. Not something I've been accustomed to. But, these newly learned skills will be a nice addition to the curriculum vitae (you didn't know I knew such big words, eh?).

So, the clock is ticking. Only 7 more weeks (or maybe less!) to go. We are very anxious and excited to meet this new arrival. And no, we still haven't picked a name yet!

Looking forward to seeing most of you tomorrow!

No comments: