Tonight was the big announcement letting my parents know the exciting news. Mom & Dad...if you are reading this post first, stop now. You should always read a blog like this from oldest to newest so that you read in chronological order. This probably means you'll have to start with page 2 first.
That being said...on with the news. I know no one wants to hear about my week long adventure to Franklin, TN, so I'll start with the exciting stuff first. Bill and I came up with the idea of a little scavenger hunt when they got here to lead them to the surprise. Since mom's birthday was last week, we were getting together to celebrate. She was under the impression she had a present to find, so we started her off with the first clue. One brilliant, witty clue led to the next and each clue had a brown bag with it that had an object inside related to the "present". Mom and dad could read the clues and only feel what was in the bag. They had five clues that eventually led them to....the soon to be nursery. We had the door shut and the last clue led them to a "bedroom with no bed". Well, it didn't have a bed in it until now. We had it all set up with the crib and furniture - bought the mattress just today. Mom walks in with her clue in mind and says, "there's a crib in here!" and I nudge her to go on in so dad can see. And then she gets it and asks if I'm pregnant.
They were very much thrilled to hear the news and somewhat surprised. Dad was for sure. Mom had been suspecting it. So mom enjoyed her present even though she has to wait another 6 months or so for it.
Franklin
______
I made it through my week long training with Kim this past week. I shadowed her at her job Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day, 5 days and I actually got up at 6:20 each morning to do this!!! In case you didn't know, she's a web designer and she showed me a lot of things to help get me up and running to do the same. My goal is to do freelance work and work from home (especially after the kid arrives). I learned a lot and am very glad to be back home in the mountains with the cooler weather. I missed the cats....oh, and I missed Bill too :).
I know you all are dying to see what everything looks like, so I'll go right now and take some pics of the new nursery - which has a ways to go and furniture needs painting - and get those posted for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment