Saturday, October 20, 2007

Under the weather, but back on top soon!

Patience pays to those of you who actually are checking in and reading this blog!

Not much in the way of the pregnancy has been happening as of late. I go for my next checkup Monday, 22nd. I've had a pretty bad bug of some sort the last few days. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant that it seems to be getting me down so much and just sticking with me or what. It's primarily been a sore throat, low grade fever, body aches, some sneezing, coughing and a stuffed up head. I suppose it's a cold. I finally caved in to taking some Tylenol Cold (dr. recommended) on Friday and today. I think I'm on the mend.

Bill has been nice enough to let me rest by taking back to his old bed in our spare room. Either that, or he's trying to keep from getting sick. He gets to take off to a nice little trip next week to Louisville, KY for a work expo. This is the one that usually puts them up in a nice hotel. This time it's the Galt House, which is a nice hotel downtown by the river. http://www.galthouse.com/Home.aspx They are also going to take some of their free time to visit Churchill Downs. ---Must be nice!

Career Update
My volunteer/internship with Meet the Geeks (www.meetthegeeks.net) is going pretty well. I haven't actually got to do any work on their site yet, but I'm told I will soon. I've been working on optimizing scanned images for this journal that was in print and distribution back in the mid to late 80's - the Katuah Journal. I won't bore you with it, but if you're interested, you can Google it and see what it's about. They are wanting to put images of all their past journals online and begin a new discussion forum on it. I've actually picked up on and learned quite a bit so far.

I also mentioned to Ty that I really needed to focus on getting paid projects coming in and getting my portfolio built. He is willing to work with me on both and has already been true to his word in letting me bid on a project on Friday. I'll be starting with it soon and be able to include it on my portfolio as well. What I'm getting out of all of this has been leaps and bounds beyond my other internship or any job I've had. Plus, I get to do most everything from home! :) Great gas mileage!

That's it in a nutshell.
...until Monday!

No comments: