Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Recap

This is primarily going to be about the beginning stages of my first pregnancy. Yes!, I said it! I'm expecting! April 12, 2008 to be exact.

We found out on August 10 - which happens to be the 2 year anniversary of Grandma Quade's death. I confirmed with the dr's on August 13th, which is the day she was buried. Funny what life throws at you.

I only had a short amount of time to prepare a plan on how to tell Bill on the 10th since we made a last minute decision to go to the Chris Isaak concert at Biltmore that evening. My decision was to post a note to the back of the bathroom door with positive test taped to it while Bill took a shower to get ready. I know he was excited, but those of you who know Bill know he isn't the type to jump for joy and go around the house screaming.

Now here's one for my parents - the next day, I went with them to TN to see my grandmother and I already wasn't feeling well, but I had to keep a secret! So now, the secret is out and now you know the real reason I wasn't feeling on top of the world that day. That also explains my unusual hot flashes. I was hotter than Mom! Wow!

It wasn't too long after that when the nausea set in. It hit pretty hard at all times of the day, but lunch was worse. Other than that, I was just starving all the time. The nausea has since subsided (thank goodness) and I've bought some of my first maternity pants to grow into since I can't really wear my normal pants right now. We've had a couple of close run-in's with people we know as we come out of the maternity sections, but so far, no one is the wiser!

No comments: